OM 6th Edition by David Alan Collier EBOOK PDF Instant Download
Table of Contents
1. Operations Management and Value Chains. Operations Management. OM in the Workplace. Understanding Goods and Services. The Concept of Value. Customer Benefit Packages. Value Chains. Value Chain Frameworks. OM: A History of Change and Challenge. Key Challenges.
2. Measuring Performance in Operations and Value Chains. Types of Performance Measures. Analytics in Operations Management. Designing Measurement Systems in Operations. Models of Organizational Performance.
3. Operations Strategy. Gaining Competitive Advantage. Understanding Customer Wants and Needs. Evaluating Goods and Services. Competitive Priorities. OM and Strategic Planning. A Framework for Operations Strategy.
4. Technology and Operations Management. Understanding Technology in Operations. Technology in Value Chains. Benefits and Challenges of Technology. Technology Decisions and Implementation.
5. Goods and Service Design. Designing Goods and Services. Customer-Focused Design. Designing Manufactured Goods. Service-Delivery System Design. Service-Encounter Design. An Integrative Case Study of LensCrafters.
6. Supply Chain Design. Global Supply Chains. Supply Chain Design Trade-Offs. A Global Supply Chain: Inditex/Zara. Location Decisions. Supply Chain Optimization.
7. Process, Selection, Design, and Analysis. Process Choice Decisions. The Product-Process Matrix. The Service-Positioning Matrix. Process Design. Process Analysis and Improvement. Process Design and Resource Utilization.
8. Facility and Work Design. Facility Layout. Designing Product Layouts. Designing Process Layouts. Workplace and Job Design.
9. Forecasting and Demand Planning. Forecasting and Demand Planning. Basic Concepts in Forecasting. Statistical Forecasting Models. Regression as a Forecasting Approach. Judgmental Forecasting. Forecasting in Practice.
10. Capacity Management. Understanding Capacity. Capacity Measurement in Operations. Long-term Capacity Strategies. Short-term Capacity Management. Theory of Constraints.
11. Managing Inventories in Supply Chains. Understanding Inventory. Inventory Characteristics. ABC Inventory Analysis. Managing Fixed-Quality Inventory Systems. Managing Fixed-Period Inventory Systems. Single-Period Inventory Model.
12 Supply Chain Management and Logistics. Managing Supply Chains. Logistics. Risk Management in Supply Chains. Supply Chains in e-Commerce. Measuring Supply Chain Performance. Sustainability in Supply Chains.
13. Resource Management. Resource Planning Framework for Goods and Services. Aggregate Planning Options. Strategies for Aggregate Planning. Disaggregation in Manufacturing. Capacity Requirements Planning.
14. Operations Scheduling and Sequencing. Understanding Scheduling and Sequencing. Scheduling Applications and Approaches. Sequencing. Applications of Sequencing Rules. Schedule Monitoring and Control. Vehicle Routing and Scheduling.
15. Quality Management. Understanding Quality. Influential Leaders in Modern Quality Management. The GAP Model. ISO 9000:2000. Six Sigma. Cost-of-Quality Measurement. The “Seven QC Tools.” Other Improvement Strategies.
16. Quality Control and SPC. Quality Control Systems. Statistical Process Control and Variation. Constructing Control Charts. Practical Issues in SPC Implementation. Process Capability.
17. Lean Operating Systems. Principles of Lean Operating Systems. Lean Tools and Approaches. Lean Six Sigma. Lean Manufacturing and Service Tours. Just-in-time Systems.
18. Project Management. The Scope of Project Management. Techniques for Planning, Scheduling and Controlling Projects. Time/Cost Trade-Offs. Uncertainty in Project Management.