Basic Grammar and Usage / Edition 8 by Penelope Choy EBOOK PDF Instant Download
Table of Contents
Unit I: IDENTIFYING SUBJECTS AND VERBS.
1. Sentences with One Subject and One Verb.
2. Multiple Subjects and Verbs.
3. Distinguishing Between Objects of Prepositions and Subjects.
4. Main Verbs and Helping Verbs. Unit Review.
Unit II: SUBJECT VERB AGREEMENT.
5. Recognizing Singular and Plural Subjects and Verbs.
6. Indefinite Pronouns as Subjects.
7. Subjects Understood in a Special Sense.
8. Subjects Joined by Conjunctions. Unit Review.
Unit III: IDENTIFYING AND PUNCTUATING THE MAIN TYPES OF SENTENCES.
9. Compound Sentences.
10. Complex Sentences.
11. Avoiding Run-On Sentences and Comma Splices.
12. Correcting Fragments. Unit Review.
Unit IV: PUNCTUATION THAT “”SETS OFF”” OR SEPARATES.
13. Parenthetical Expressions.
15. Restrictive and Nonrestrictive Clauses.
16. Commas with Introductory Phrases, Series, Dates, and Addresses Unit Review. Unit V: PRONOUN USAGE.
17. Subject, Object, and Possessive Pronouns.
18. Pronouns in Comparisons and Pronouns with -self, —selves.
19. Agreement of Pronouns with Their Antecedents.
20. Order of Pronouns and Spelling of Possessives. Unit Review.
Unit VI: CAPITALIZATION, MORE PUNCTUATION, PLACEMENT OF MODIFIERS, PARALLEL STRUCTURE, AND IRREGULAR VERBS.
22. Additional Punctuation.
23. Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers.
24. Parallel Structure.
25. Irregular Verbs. Unit Review.
Unit 7: PARAGRAPHS.
26. Writing Effective Paragraphs.
Answers to “”A”” Exercises.